Follow Me @shetty.pavitra05

@shetty.pavitra05

Thursday 20 September 2018

Dashrath Panwala, Bandra West

Paan, the traditional Indian mouth freshner is something that has always fascinated me. More than the betel leaf, I'm the one who used to enjoy the stuffing that used to go in it. As a kid, I still remember how happy I used to be when I could find it in wedding functions, restaurants and urge my parents to buy me one :P Yes, but now obviously I can explore and find such places where they make nice paan.

That's how we bumped at this place named Dashrath Panwala, situated on the Hill road in Bandra while we were heading to the Mount Mary Fair. This is one place you should try if you are a paan lover. He has different varieties of paan served at this tiny shop. You would just be clueless what are exact ingredients that are going in your paan. Just look at the plate below, it is just one plate with so many things apart from this, this small pan patri shop (i.e. how it is called here in Mumbai) had many containers storing different things.

Pan masala

We decided to go ahead with chocolate paan. I was mesmerized and awe-stuck with the amount of stuffing that he added to our pan. You can see for yourself on how he made this on my facebook page, there's a nice video. I was wondering how the hell will he close this.

Chocolate Paan - Dashrath Panwala
Paan - Dashrath Panwala


To my surprise, he made this into a roll. Yes, you read it right! Just like how we have franky or rolls, he made it made it into a roll and served it to us. I never ever imagined in my life that I would have paan in this way. It tasted really out of this world! Trust me if you are among those whose appetite is small (obviously like me), I bet you won't be able to eat it more than that half. So, better have a better to share it.

Chocolate Paan roll

It costed us somewhere around 70 bucks but looking at the stuffing with chocolate, I felt it was worth every penny. Do give it a try & I'm sure, you won't be disappointed! Until I post again happy hogging :)

Feel free to share my postspage with your family, friends, relatives to share such wonderful experiences through food, places or thoughts 😇 Thank you all!
For more pictures, you can also check my zomato account - @dhungrysouls and follow me :)


1 comment:

  1. Mast Banarasi Paan have more than 200 outlets and 120+ flavored Paan so no matter in which city are you living just type Mast Banarasi Paan wala near me and you will find mast banarasi paan there for sure.

    ReplyDelete