Follow Me @shetty.pavitra05

@shetty.pavitra05

Saturday 19 May 2018

Mangalore diaries - Food Delight

Wherever I go the food monster in me follows 😄 Well why wouldn't it as I was in my native place & like any other place, there are hell lot of famous eateries which I have been eating since childhood but never shared. So, thought of sharing with you guys now.

Mangalore/Mangaluru

Mangalore also known as 'Mangaluru' is on the coast of Arabian sea. It is situated just below Goa in the Konkan area. It has lot of things under it's stride to attract not only the Indian crowd but also the foreigners.

Wanna know what are they? Here you go -
A) Gotti soda - This is something we have always had. It is nothing extraordinary but mere soda since the bottle is designed in such a way that it has Gotti (marble) as its nob which makes it fascinating. It has different flavors apart from the regular one like orange, jeera, ginger etc. It is good to quench your thirst in this hot summer.

Regular soda

Jeera soda


B) KT - Kalladka tea is a three layered tea found in Hotel Lakshmi Niwas in Kalladka. It is rich in aroma, good taste and also has health benefits. You can try this here as it is unique to this place. Something different than the usual tea.

KT

Kalladka Tea

C) Goli bajje - Very famous among people of all ages in Karnataka. A mouth watering dish which I can never say 'No' to & when served hot can be the best thing on this earth.

Goli bajje

D) Bella Candy - It is an ice candy made of jaggery. It tastes like payasam or rather kheer in hindi with a bit of coconut & jaggery flavor. It is made by the most famous 'Ideal' ice-cream which should be available in the local stores if they keep 'Ideal' ice-creams. Ideal for the hot, summer time.


Bella Candy

E) Gadbad and Dilkhush - Ideal and Pabbas are the famous ice-cream joints in Mangalore. When in Mangalore, people make sure to enjoy ice-cream at either of these places. Thanks to my cousin, we happened to visit this place in Kudla and we enjoyed these amazing ice-creams which was pending in my bucket list from a long time & now I can tick it!

Gadbad

Dilkhush

F) Mysore pak - Another popular sweet made of ghee and chickpea flour. Tastes delicious!

Mysore pak


There are still lot of things that I couldn't put up especially the delicious food served in temples as Seva (service) to the people who have come to worship. These are pure vegetarian South Indian food which I bet you will fall in love with :) On the other hand famous sea foods at different joints and many more. That was all about the food delight in my Mangalore diary.

Feel free to share my postspage with your family, friends, relatives to share such wonderful experiences through food, places or thoughts 😇 Thank you all!
For more pictures, you can also check my zomato account - @dhungrysouls and follow me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment